Can and Do Cats Drink Yakult? Well, Just like us humans, cats, too, need probiotics. It is because their immunity resides in their digestive tract, and probiotics can balance it with an array of good bacteria. Although cat food and even the human food you offer them don’t have enough percentage of required probiotics, you must feed them in the form of a dedicated product.
But how do you know which probiotic is ideal for cats? How do you if your cat needs to have probiotics? Or, are human probiotics safe for cats as well?
Here we have answers to all your queries. To get the most out of it, make sure you stick with the article until the end.
Let’s get started.”
Can cats drink probiotic drinks?
As per certified veterinarians and researchers, cats can have probiotic drinks. While researching the market, you can find cat probiotics in various forms, including pills, drinks, powders, and even kibbles with probiotic coating on them.
Now while you look for probiotic drink for your cats, make sure it contains,
- Varied strains of probiotic bacteria
- Highest CFU (colony forming units) amount.
Besides that, let your cat try different brand probiotics before you know which one she likes the most. Taste preference is highly important as cats need to eat and stay happy and healthy with the supplement.
Is Yakult the same as probiotics? Can cats have Yakult?
Yakult is a popular probiotic drink that contains billions of live and active good bacteria.
These bacteria are great for maintaining good digestive health in humans.
Though Yakult isn’t designed for cats, many of them still are doing healthy after having it as a probiotic.
What kind of probiotics can I give my cat?
Probiotics are both essential and beneficial for cats. Apart from getting rid of the bad bacteria inside their digestive system, they also refill the good ones.
Here is the list of “Best Probiotics for Cats”. Though you are unsure about them, you can always go for customer reviews and even recommendations from your veterinarian.
Purina FortiFlora Cat Probiotic Powder Supplement (Customer’s Choice)
- (1) 30-Count Box - Purina Pro Plan Veterinary Diets Probiotics Cat Supplement, Fortiflora Feline Nutritional Supplement
- FortiFlora is the probiotic recommended by veterinarians (Kynetec, Probiotic Recommendation Study, March 2019)
- Probiotic supplement for the dietary management of kittens and adult cats with diarrhea
- Contains a probiotic to promote normal intestinal microflora
- Proprietary microencapsulation process for enhanced stability
Pet Naturals of Vermont (Affordable, Ideal for digestion and Immune health)
- Probiotics are recommended for immune support, increased times of stress such as boarding, travel and new changes to the environment as well as when a pet has been placed on antibiotics.
- Our Daily Probiotic does not contain wheat, corn or artificial ingredients. It comes in a tasty duck flavored chew that even finicky cats will love.
- Daily Probiotic guarantees 100 million CFU’s to the gut and supports digestive regularity in cats of all ages.
- Probiotics help normalize digestive functions to reduce gassiness, diarrhea, constipation and blockages.
- All Pet Naturals products are veterinarian formulated, NASC approved and manufactured in the USA.
Under the Weather Pet | Ready Balance for Cats & Dogs 1.05oz | Oral Probiotic Gel (Ideal for Kittens or the ones who give you high time taking oral supplements).
- POWERFUL AND FAST ACTING - Digestive support for occasional gastric distress (constipation, indigestion, gas, bloating). Digestive tract health for your cat..
- PROBIOTICS & PREBIOTICS - Prebiotics are used as a food source for our powerful probiotic strains. This helps to support the growth of the 6 live strains of probiotics versus harmful bacteria within the intestinal tract.
- VET FORMULATED - Helps maintain proper digestive function and aids in reducing occasional loose stools due to illness, environmental stress or changes in diet. Tasty coconut flavor!
- EASY TO USE - This gel supplement for your cat comes in a convenient dial-a-dose tube to ensure that you’re able to give your kitty the proper dosage it requires.
- THE BEST FOR YOUR PET - Under the Weather Premium Pet Wellness products are proudly manufactured in the USA. Manufactured without any corn, artificial flavors or dyes.
Dr. Bill’s Feline Digestive Support | Pet Supplements | Probiotics for Cats (It has the best taste amongst all)
- PROBIOTICS FOR CATS | Recommended for growing, adult, and senior cats. Digestive Support provides essential pre- and probiotics for cats to help reestablish a healthy intestinal tract
- BIOLOGICALLY APPROPRIATE, NATURAL INGREDIENTS | Made with biologically-appropriate, high quality, natural ingredients such as Ginger Root, Psyllium Husk, Lemon Balm, Bifidobacterium, and Fructooligosaccharides
- PROACTIVE NUTRITIONAL SUPPORT | This unique formula provides support for nutrient digestion and absorption, optimum nutrient utilization, and microflora health
- VETERINARIAN DEVELOPED AND RECOMMENDED | Developed by Dr. Bill Barnett and reflecting his proactive approach towards keeping animals healthy and extending their lives, these supplements have been used and recommended by veterinarians, breeders, and trainers for over 30 years
- MADE IN THE USA | All Dr. Bill’s Supplements are made in the United States and are regulated by the NASC (National Animal Supplement Council)
FERA Probiotics for Dogs and Cats – USDA Organic Certified (One of the best organic products in the range).
- CUSTOM FORMULATED BY FERA'S CEO, VETERINARIAN DR. DULAKE: Our product with eleven hand selected species and organic prebiotics to make the perfect probiotic powder formula for your pet
- 5 BILLION CFUs PER SCOOP: With 11 LIVE POWERFUL STRAINS of living GOOD BACTERIA - Each strain is hand picked and formulated by our veterinarian to be the best dog probiotics and cat probiotics
- NO ADDITIVES, FILLERS OR PRESERVATIVES: All-vegan probiotic, no wheat, corn, soy. gluten-free, dairy- free. Our powder is all natural and hypoallergenic, unlike other probiotic tablets and soft chews.
- TASTELESS POWDER: Easily mixes into their food, your pet won’t even know it’s there! Skip the pill pockets or forcing your pet to take a huge tablet
- GIVING BACK TO CHARITY and GREAT CUSTOMER SERVICE: 5% of proceeds is donated to local animal shelters to help homeless pets. If you have any questions or concerns about this product or dog health, please do not hesitate to contact us and our Founder/Veterinarian will e-mail you back! 100% money back guarantee!
DrFormulasNexabiotic Probiotics for Cats Powder (Tasteless and flavorless probiotics, ideal for mixing with food.)
- PROPRIETARY FORMULA FOR CAT DIARRHEA: Each of our probiotic capsules for pets contains a combination of 23 probiotics. DrFormulas Nexabiotic Probiotics for cats works for both older cats as well as younger kittens.
- EASY TO ADMINISTER: Our probiotic capsules for cats and kittens are easily opened, allowing you to mix the tasteless, flavorless probiotics into your cat's food or water.
- SUPPORTS DIGESTIVE HEALTH: Promote more regular bowel movements in your cat or kitten with potent Nexabiotic probiotic pills instead of treats or chews.
- HIGHEST QUALITY: Each bottle of DrFormulas Nexabiotic Probiotics for Cats and Kittens is made with human-grade ingredients.
- MADE IN THE USA: All of our supplements are made in an FDA inspected GMP inspected facility, under NSF guidelines for quality assurance. Your pet's safety is our top priority.
Homemade probiotics for Cats
While there are many great cat probiotics in the market, you can still rely on homemade ones.
Preparing probiotics at home isn’t just economical but even safer than various unknown commercial ones present in the market. So why wait? Let’s learn how to prepare probiotics for cats at home.
The things you will need:
- One tablespoon of honey,
- one cup of blueberries,
- ¼ teaspoon of vegetable culture starter,
- three tablespoons of water,
- a bowl,
- and a mason jar.
- Take a mixing bowl, pour honey, vegetable culture started, and water. Mix them well until everything dissolves nicely.
- Now, take the mason jar, pour in all the blueberries, and then the mixture from the bowl. Here you need to soak all the blueberries well in the honey + vegetable culture mixture.
- Further, close the mason jar and leave it for two days to ferment. Though keep it away from direct sunlight.
- This homemade probiotic for cats has a shelf life of up to 2 weeks when kept inside the refrigerator.
NOTE: You can feed your cats as a treat or with a meal. Make sure you keep the quantity as per your cat’s size and age. Also, in case of any reaction, discontinue its usage and reach a Vet immediately. Or
Things you will need:
13.5 oz (400 ml) pasteurized milk at room temperature and 6 tbsp probiotic yogurt at room temperature.
Instead of yogurt, you can also use ½ packet freeze-dried starter culture. Also, gather a yogurt maker and a half-liter jar.
- Take 100 ml of pasteurised milk and add starter culture or probiotic yogurt to it. Mix it well, and then add the rest 300 ml of pasteurised milk. Again give it a good mix, pour it into the yoghurt container and close its lid.
- Now boil some water and then fill the yoghurt maker near a quarter of an inch above its base.
- Place the yoghurt container into the yoghurt maker and close the maker’s lid. Set the timer accordingly (preferably 10 to 12 hours). If you aren’t up for hassle, you can also use an automatic yoghurt maker.
- After 12 hours, open the yoghurt maker lid and replace the now cold water with boiling water. Make sure you do not shake the yoghurt container too much.
- After the next 12 hours, open the yoghurt maker, remove the container, and open it.
- Upon opening the yoghurt container, you will observe a watery substance (yellowish) on the top and a curdled, white substance on the bottom.
- Firstly, drain all the watery substances and then whisk the yoghurt to make it like a smooth paste.
- Now, you can separate some yoghurt for using it for your next batch.
- While with the remaining one, let it settle in the fridge for 3 to 4 hours and then let your cat feed on it.
NOTE: Do not use such yogurts for more than 72 hours. You can prepare a fresh batch every three days.
Best Cats Probiotics powder
There are several powder-based cat probiotics available in the market.
You can get them either at your nearest drug store, pet store, chemist, or online.
NaturVet – Digestive Enzymes for Dogs and Cats
- DIGESTIVE ENZYMES FOR DOGS - Provides Probiotics for dogs and cats with essential enzymes to help break down food for optimal utilization of nutrients.
- OPTIMAL SUPPORT - Great for food transitioning, sensitive stomachs and flatulence. A source of: Alpha-Amylase hydrolyzes starch, Protease hydrolyzes proteins, Cellulase breaks down cellulose, and Lipase hydrolyzes triglycerides.
- EASY TO ADMINISTER - Powder for Dogs and Cats over the age of 6 weeks, add 1/4 rounded teaspoon to each cup of dry or wet food at every feeding.
- MADE IN THE USA and VETERINARIAN FORMULATED - All NaturVet products are veterinarian formulated and manufactured in the USA in an FDA audited, cGMP compliant facility.
- SATISFACTION GUARANTEED - All NaturVet products come with a 100% satisfaction guarantee so if you aren't satisfied for any reason you can get a full refund!
PetUltimates Probiotics for Cats
- Better Health for your Best Friend: Whether your cat has always struggled with digestion issues, or just needs a little extra help recovering from a recent cat antibiotic round, Pet Ultimates probiotic for cats helps restore their health, making them feel active and happy again!
- Ultra-Concentrated Cat Probiotics: Our cat probiotics for diarrhea and vomiting treatment is custom formulated with twenty carefully selected species, known to support cat digestive health, and renewed vitality. Our probiotics with enzymes reduce gassiness symptoms and excessive shedding.
- None of the Bad Cat Stuff: Don't fall for foreign-manufactured cat probiotics and digestive enzymes using sugar, grain maltodextrins, "animal digest" (look it up), or other ultra-processed ingredients as their base. We are proud to offer you a probiotic cat supplement with no fillers or artificial flavors.
- Easy-to-Swallow Pet Probiotics: Stop trying to give your best friend unpleasant pills that can harm their throat! Our tasteless probiotic multi enzyme powder dispenses in seconds. Your kitty won't even notice our specially formulated cat medicine in their food. And most importantly, it will make your pet feel healthier!
- Made in USA: Pet Ultimates Cat Products are made from 100% USA-sourced ingredients. Our pet supplies for cats are formulated to address a broad spectrum of issues.
Probios Vet Plus Dispersible Digestive Powder
- Help promote healthy digestive system
- Easy to dispense and administer; Just sprinkle on feed
- Recommended for all age dogs & puppies
Mercola – Complete Probiotics For Pets (Cats and Dogs)
- Each Container of Complete Probiotics for Cats and Dogs Contains 3.17 oz (90 g)
- Following Dr. Mercola’s belief in providing the best quality products, this product is non GMO, Gluten Free, and Soy Free
- Our Complete Probiotics for Pets provides your cat or dog with 38 billion CFU beneficial bacteria from 14 carefully selected strains known to promote optimal gastrointestinal health in pets*
- Complete Probiotics for Pets supports immune system function by supporting normal detoxification processes, production of B vitamins and the production of lactic acid for proper digestion*
- All Dr. Mercola products are backed by a full 90-day money back guarantee. If for any reason you are not satisfied with your purchase, simply return it to us for your money back - no questions asked
Can cats take human probiotics?
Though their probiotics are made differently, humans and cats have a similar digestive system. However, for feeding human probiotics to cats, more research is required.
Bacteria in human probiotics might not help your cat (though it may not even hurt). Thus, before feeding human probiotics to your cat, consult the Vet first.
Can probiotics make my cat vomit?
Any supplement added to the menu suddenly and in a significant amount can make the cat vomit.
Especially if your cat is overly sensitive to what she eats and drinks, even probiotics can make her vomit or trigger diarrhoea.
What are the best probiotics for cats with diarrhoea?
Probiotics for Cats, Prebiotic, Catnip, and PetUltimates Probiotics for Cats are best for acute diarrhoea in cats.
Can a cat overdose on probiotics?
In the practical world, it takes a significant number of bacteria (probiotics) to cause an overdose in cats.
However, in a theoretical world, cats can have a probiotic overdose. Still, the chances are very rare.
Is it okay for a kitten to drink Yakult?
Yakult isn’t dangerous for cats, but many can develop intolerance issues or reactions to it.
However, cat owners still swear by Yakult when it comes to cat probiotics. Still, for the question, “Is Yakult safe for cats”? The answer is Yes. As long as your cat can digest lactose, it would be best if you gave Yakult.
NOTE: Avoid giving Yakult to cats with diabetes since it has a lot of sugar.
Benefits of Yakult for cats
- It makes the cat’s stool firm (better).
- Yakult aids in better gut health and aid digestion.
- Probiotics develops and builds a healthy immune system.
- It aids in better weight management.
Can a cat eat probiotic yogurt?
Yes, non-fat, plain probiotic-based yogurt is generally marked safe for cats.
A daily dose of the same will improve your cat’s digestive health;
however, if the yogurt contains an ingredient like xylitol, avoid giving it to cats or dogs.
How much Yakult for a puppy?
The quantity of Yakult for puppies goes like this:
- One teaspoon per day for puppies.
- Two teaspoons per day for a medium-sized dog.
- Three teaspoons per day for the giant breed and large dogs.
To be on the safer side, avoid feeding Yakult to your cats. It is a drink made for humans, and several cats might not digest it well. Also, because several cat-specific probiotics are available in the market, you always have options for your little canine.
The only issue with feeding Yakult to cats is its lactose level and high sugar contents. These can lead to pancreatitis, obesity, allergic reaction, and feline diabetes.
Frequently Asked Questions
Welcome To The Oxford Family! The Website Is Run And Managed By A Community Of Enthusiasts Informative About Pets. We Hope You Find It Useful.