We, as dog owners are getting more concerned day-by-day about the food quality that we provide our dogs. According to a survey conducted by Pet Food Industry, 72% of dog owners in the US accept the fact that high-quality food is very effective in keeping their hogs healthy. To make it more specific, our dog’s health is dependent on its digestive system.
We treat our dogs as our family and hence we ensure that they don’t have any health issues. Therefore, many of us think of feeding them the medicines or probiotics that we consume.
Particularly talking about one such probiotic Yakult, my focus in this article is to talk about can dog drink Yakult, what are its benefits, is safe to give dogs, etc.
First of all, let us have a quick introduction to Yakult.
Yakult is a probiotic drink that was created in the 1930s and was sold worldwide in the 1990s. It is a Japanese drink and contains millions of living and active good bacteria(Lactobacillus para casei Shirota). Yakult helps to get a healthy digestive system
I have addressed some of the most commonly asked questions about feeding our dog Yakult.
Yakult and some probiotics are safe for Birds and Cats’ consumption as they regulate healthy Gut Bacteria and Pets’ Health.
At the end of this article, you will get all your doubts clear and have a clear mind to take a decision to feed your dog probiotics or not.
Yes, dogs can drink Yakult every day. We, as dog owners, wish to have a healthy gut for our beloved pets. And, this can be achieved by balancing the good and bad bacteria.
The gastrointestinal tract is the largest immune organ of our dog’s body and it contains more than 70% of all immune cells. Therefore, it is highly important for us to keep our dog’s digestive system healthy.
One of the best ways to do so is to feed them the right amount of probiotics and the best probiotic that we can feed our dogs is Yakult.
Yakult stops harmful bacteria from taking over our dog’s digestive system by increasing the number of good bacteria.
Of course yes. Yakult has a good effect on pregnant dogs. It helps in reducing acidity, bloating, and heartburn.
We can give Yakult to the mommy dog two weeks prior and two weeks after she gives birth to the puppies. This helps in preventing first-week diarrhea.
We can give Yakult to the mommy dog in the food. When the puppies are born, they have infertile guts and by day 3 or 4, their gut has the bacteria from the mommy dog. This can help them in digesting the food quickly.
Sometimes, the mommy dog has an infection that can be in her milk, and when the baby drinks the infected milk, it can get an infection.
By giving the mommy dog Yakult, it can prevent the infection in the milk, and ultimately puppies will be healthy.
The dog has an excellent sense of smell and they have very sensitive stomachs in comparison to us humans.
Sometimes they get annoyed by some smells and we have a tendency to take their barking personally, but it’s their way to let us know that they feel unwell.
Also, they have a tendency to eat anything available and that can easily upset the stomach. In this scenario, I feel Yakult is the best choice.
Yakult is a probiotic drink for humans, but it also works for dogs. The effective probiotic and the combination of vitamins and minerals can give relief to your dog’s stomach.
It has vital nutrients that are essential for the health of the stomach. It also protects from harmful bacteria and other digestive problems.
But, in my advice, before giving Yakult to the dog, we must find out the cause of vomiting.
Yakult contains plenty of probiotics that can help keep your dog’s digestive system healthy by giving them plenty of healthy bacteria.
Many probiotics for dogs are useful for helping to keep their digestive system healthy but it is especially helpful for the digestive systems of dogs that may have worms. Therefore, it can be used as a dewormer for our dogs.
There are many benefits of Yakult, some of them are
- Immunity boost up
- Increased level of energy
- Strong bone
- Faster hair growth
Dogs may benefit from Yakult, which is a beneficial probiotic. However, we must make sure that our dogs don’t have existing health problems such as diabetes or obesity because these conditions might conflict with the use of this product.
Abdominal pain, passing gas, bad breath, cramps, and loss of appetite are some of the common symptoms of an upset stomach.
Yakult, as a probiotic, aims to improve our dog’s health by maintaining an equilibrium between good and bad bacteria.
To give our dog’s good bacteria a boost, we simply add Yakult to their treat every day.
Of course not. We can’t give our beloved dogs expired Yakult or any edible thing. It can turn out to be highly dangerous for them.
We can also check the website where we can find a clear statement about the expired Yakult.
If we give low-quality probiotics to our dogs, we may see some side effects like vomiting.
These probiotics are of bad quality and the manufacturers just want to seek profit from them.
They do not care about the side effects, the product makes, on the consumer.
Unlike Yakult, these low-quality probiotics are only labeled “for dogs”, but the real fact here is our dogs may see side effects by consuming them.
In my opinion, my top three dog probiotics powders are
- Native pets probiotic- Check price here
- Purina FortiFlora probiotic- Check price here
- Nusentia probiotic miracle dog probiotics –Check price here
- ✔️ ALL NATURAL GUT FLORA SUPPORT: pet probiotics for dogs is an all-natural supplement for health issues such as dog diarrhea, upset stomach, gas, bloating and as a coprophagia treatment for dogs
- ✔️ VET NUTRITIONIST AND PHD DEVELOPED: our canine probiotic leverages an optimal blend of 4 probiotic strains, prebiotic fiber, & protein to make the most efficacious probiotic on the market
- ✔️ MORE EFFECTIVE THAN SOFT CHEWS: Our dog probiotics powder is a more effective solution than soft chews. No question. Our probiotic dog supplement is gently manufactured to ensure efficacy!
- ✔️ NO NONSENSE, WE USE JUST FOUR INGREDIENTS: our probiotics for dogs powder only includes a probiotic blend, jerusalem artichoke and pumpkin seed as a prebiotic and tasty bone broth. That's it!
- ✔️ RISK FREE GUARANTEE: Native Pet makes the Best Probiotic for Dogs and we're so confident that we're better than any canine probiotics for dogs that we offer a full refund (no questions asked)!
- Each Container of Complete Probiotics for Cats and Dogs Contains 3.17 oz (90 g)
- Following Dr. Mercola’s belief in providing the best quality products, this product is non GMO, Gluten Free, and Soy Free
- Our Complete Probiotics for Pets provides your cat or dog with 38 billion CFU beneficial bacteria from 14 carefully selected strains known to promote optimal gastrointestinal health in pets*
- Complete Probiotics for Pets supports immune system function by supporting normal detoxification processes, production of B vitamins and the production of lactic acid for proper digestion*
- All Dr. Mercola products are backed by a full 90-day money back guarantee. If for any reason you are not satisfied with your purchase, simply return it to us for your money back - no questions asked
- One (1) 30-Count Box - Purina Pro Plan Veterinary Diets Probiotics Dog Supplement, Fortiflora Canine Nutritional Supplement
- Probiotic recommended by veterinarians (Kynetec, Probiotic Recommendation Study, March 2019)
- A Probiotic supplement for the dietary management of puppies and adult dogs with diarrhea
- Contains a probiotic to promote normal intestinal microflora. Helps reduce flatulence
- Proprietary microencapsulation process for enhanced stability
Some common questions include
How much Yakult for a puppy?
Two teaspoons a day is sufficient to keep the gut of the puppy healthy.
How much Yakult for an adult dog?
Three teaspoons a day is required for an adult dog to maintain proper gut bacteria.
Can dogs take human probiotics?
Yes, dogs can take human probiotics. They are not harmful to the dogs.
Can dogs drink probiotic yogurt?+Can dogs drink probiotic drinks?
Yes, They can in a limited quantity
Can dogs drink Actimel?
Actimel is another probiotic like Yakult and as we already know, probiotic is a good supplement for our dogs so we can give our dogs Actimel as well.