Sleep is vital to cats. If you are a cat owner, you probably know how much cats sleep. According to data, they sleep as much as 12 to 16 hours a day.
That’s a lot of cat nap! Cats need their sleep to replenish their energies since they are predatory animals.
Even though chasing a ball or squeaky toy may seem like play, all that pouncing and jumping take its toll on their energies. Thus, your cats need their sleep so they can play and hunt for another day.
A cat bed is crucial to a cat’s life. Cats are comfortable sleeping anywhere, but it would be a huge plus if you gave them their domain.
Covered cat beds for large cats fulfill their need for a sheltered place to sleep. It mimics the caves in the wild and is an ultra-snug place to rest.
Covered cat beds for large cats Features to Consider
A washable machine fabric makes your life so much easier. Just toss the cat bed in the washer and out it goes squeaky clean.
In the course of the day, you will never know what your cat will get into. They may not be clean when they get in bed.
All that dirt and grime will be stuck on their bodies and into the bed. Sometimes there may even be some blood on the fabric if they have made a kill during the day.
It wouldn’t be appealing to hand wash all that scum. Washing machines do fray down fabrics, though, so you may have to temper your machine washing with a little TLC and have a spot cleaning in-between wash.
Your benign visitors and friends who come over to the house may frighten off your cat. Cats are sensitive creatures, and anyone new may seem like a threat to them and an intruder to their privacy.
Buying your cat a new bed can be an opportunity for them to get some private space no matter who is in the house.
They will want covered cat beds for large cats or better yet get them a full-blown condo-style bed where they can sleep on a perch, out of reach.
If you live in cold, wintry areas, your cat will love you if you give them a heated bed. If your cat lives outside and is housed in your yard, a heated bed during the cold night will be doubly invaluable.
Cats need heated beds even if they just sleep in the garage occasionally and spend most of the time indoors.
You have to follow the manual of the heated cat bed, though, to make sure there won’t be any fire accidents and overheating.
Cats need to be toasty warm, and thankfully technology has found a safe way to keep cat beds warm.
These cat self-warming cat beds are inspired by the technology used by NASA in their US space programs.
They use your cat’s own heat to be radiated within the bed. As a result, the bed becomes warm and comfortable.
However, this Mylar construction will only generate heat if your cat has a warm body. If they are freezing out in the cold on your yard, the self-warming device will not work.
Some covered cat beds for large cats beds sold on the market have something extra in that they have attached toys.
These toys are great because they keep your cat active and stimulated. There may be times when your cat will be sleeping too much in a day.
She will get roused from her sleep and engage in a little play when she sees some dangling toys from her cat bed. It can be a nice break from a catnap to get some exercise.
These toys will usually be attached near the entrance on top of the cat bed. If your cat bed doesn’t come with toys, you can always buy them separately and simply attach them.
Cats are active creatures, and they scratch a lot. They may wear out their beds in no time. Your covered cat beds for large cats may get scratched on whether you like it or not.
The durability of materials is crucial in this case. Your cat bed should be able to endure cat abuse and not be torn to shreds.
Wool felt, and anything carpet-like will serve as excellent materials for your cat bed.
Top 3 Covered cat beds for large cats
Kitty City Large Cat Cube Bed
This bed is spacious enough, and your cat will have plenty of space to call her own. These covered cat beds for large cats allow your cat to have her own secret space if she’s not feeling social.
There’s a padded bed on top of her little cove, as well. This company has a 2-story cat bed option if you have multiple cats. For the single-story version, there are “hide-and-seek” cut-outs. These holes allow the cat to see out of her bed and one hole even has a dangling toy for her to play with.
This cat bed is foldable if your cat doesn’t use that much or if you are going away to travel. It is portable for easy storage and transport.
Best Pet Supplies, Inc. Tent Bed for Pets
The Best Pet Supplies, Inc. Tent Bed for Pets is a good choice for any cat who needs to slink away from the social company. The pillow in this bed is removable and machine washable.
The entire bed can be washed in a machine, and it won’t lose its shape or durability. You can also push on the top to fold down an extra thick cushion, your cat can comfortably sleep on, and once he wakes up. The roof can reform its shape like a tent.
There are three different colors and three different styles, namely cave, cove, and tent. There are four different sizes, as well. This bed for your cat is one that you can make sure fits your cat and home perfectly. The material used is a high-quality polyfoam, which is used in each design. It molds to your cat’s body, making it a soft but supportive bed.
- PLUSH PET TENT: We’ve designed these tent houses for dogs and cats using faux suede, linen or corduroy and each comes with soft poly-foam lining.
- GREAT INDOOR LOOK: The timeless style of our tan plush pet beds allows them to seamlessly blend into any décor.
- COZY HOUSE: The dimension of this indoor tent gives your pet a touch of privacy and creates a nice sense of security. 19 x 19 x 19 inches.
- EASY TO MAINTAIN: The tent is machine washable without stretching out of shape and acts like a soft crate making traveling simple.
- DESIGNED TO LAST: We carefully make our soft tents for dogs and cats to give them maximum durability.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is a cat bed?
Cats sleep anywhere. If you ask them a cat bed can be anything their fancy takes them. Even your bed! It is crucial to get a cat bed specially made for cats in pets stores so she won’t be sleeping anywhere she wants.
Your sofa and other furniture may become her next victim, and you wouldn’t want all the fur and dirt sticking there.
Ideally, a cat bed should have extra padding and some privacy. Most cats will adore covered cat beds for large cats. There are many types of cat beds, but there are at least three categories: heated, flat, and covered. Each type of bed will support your cat’s comfort in its own way.
Do cats need a cat bed?
Cats really don’t need a bed. If your cat doesn’t have a bed, you will find that they sleep comfortably almost anywhere. As a human owner, though, you may need to have a designated place for them.
You may enjoy having your cat sleep with you on your own bed, but remember that your cat doesn’t wipe their bottom once they get out of the litter box. Yes, they may spread fecal matter all over your bed. They may look clean, but there is a lot of germs and dirt in that fur.
You should also take note that cats are rather territorial. It will please them to have their own domain in the form of a cat bed in the house. They want a place that is especially theirs. Your cat will be all the more pleasant to live with if they have a cat bed. They will feel more independent and enjoy their privacy.
If they can have some time off with you, all the snuggles and cuddles you will share when you finally get back together will be all the more special.
How do I get my cat to use her cat bed?
Cats may avoid their bed at first. However, what you can do is to make the bed as appealing as possible.
A self-warming bed or a bed that gives cover will make for an attractive bed that will convince your cat to use it. If your cat is in a confined space with the bed, be sure to close the door to ensure your cat will use the bed.
The location of the cat bed is important to get your cats to use it. They may have their own preferences when it comes to a comfortable sleeping space.
Experiment on putting the cat bed in different locations such as up high on a countertop, under the table, in a separate room, or in your bedroom near where you sleep.
There are instances that you will find that you have tried all methods, but your cat is still not using their cat bed.
You can try putting your worn t-shirt on the bed to attract them to the scent. This is a good strategy because not only will the shirt have your smell; it will also have your body heat, something your cat may like cuddling up next to.
Are heated cat beds safe?
Heated beds are safe to use. Ideally, a heated bed must turn on and stay on. You have to keep an eye on the bed while it is turned on and never leave your cat unsupervised.
Heated beds will keep a cat bed warm 10 to 15 degrees warmer than the temperature in a room. It will keep your cat toasty and warm, but the heat will not be so hot as to jack up your electric bill.
Heated beds still use electricity, though, and you may frown upon the use of energy. There are alternatives such as the space-age heat-reflecting technology of Mylar space blankets.
It allows the cat’s body to reflect heat, which is then concentrated on the cat bed keeping your cat very toasty warm.
Best Selling Cat Beds for Large Cats
- ECO FRIENDLY: Our hand-crafted cat bed made from 100% Merino wool is completely free from harsh chemicals and synthetics which makes it great for your pet, your family, and our planet.
- DUAL USE: Meowfia's cat cave acts as a private personal space for your cat to hide, sleep, and rest inside. Additionally, it can be used as a pet bed for cats to lay, relax, and play on the top. Meowfia's felted wool cat cave is ideal for indoor cats as it keeps your kitty warm in the winter, and cool in the summer.
- AVAILABLE IN MULTIPLE SIZES: Large (L) size bed for indoor cats is suitable for Ragdoll, British shorthair, Persian, and other similar-sized breeds. The maximum cat weight for Meowfia's L size cat hideout is up to 20 lbs. We also have M size cat hideaway (available from Meowfia's Amazon store) that is perfect for cats up to 12 lbs. We recommend that you order the larger size of the cat cave bed if your cat is in between sizes M and L.
- MADE WITH LOVE: Our handmade premium cat houses indoor are ultra-durable, yet super soft, lightweight, and portable. Perfect gift for beloved cats and cat lovers.
- SLEEK DESIGN: Our cat bed cave adds a special touch to your home environment complementing the appearance of the room. The natural color of our cat tent effectively conceals the cat's fur and dust.
- LARGE CAT IGLOO - The enclosed cat tent is designed to cradle your pet to achieve maximum privacy and soothing security for cats, kittens, or small dogs. The light blue colored cat teepee is sure to easily blend into most home décor.
- CUDDLE COMFORT – This stylish and charming pyramid cat bed delivers a pleasant and snug place for your pet to relax indoors. The igloo’s plush fabric is designed to stay warmer, providing superior coziness for your feline friend.
- SLEEP OR PLAY - This cat house offers a comforting enclosed space pleasing cats who instinctively love wedging into small places to rest. The enclosed kitten bed also appeals to frisky kitties that enjoy rolling playfully in small boxes or cubbyholes.
- REMOVABLE PET MAT – Outfitted with a removable foam cushion cat bed, this cat cave delivers enhanced orthopedic luxury and warmth, perfect for aging pets needing joint support as they unwind into a deep sleep.
- PRODUCT DETAILS – Materials: Polyester and Polyurethane Foam. Dimensions: (L) 13” x (W) 13” x (H) 15.75”. PETMAKER Covered Cat Beds for Indoor Cats should be hand washed in cold water. Color: Light Blue.
- Allergy Resistant Fabric: Allergy protectant fabric for perfect aeration and temperature moderation so as to ensure your pets are safe and protected.
- Two-way Conversion: Provides greater comfort and flexibility to suit your pet's needs.
- Perfect Shape: The Cave has a well-shaped opening bordered with PV Fleece so that your pet is pampered while he put his head out and will not suffer from fabric rashes.
- Easy Maintenance and Cleanliness: The cushion cover can be removed, is machine washable.
- Reinforced Non Slip Bottom: Our proprietary fabric bottom eliminates floor scratches, provides stability and durability.
- SAFETY PROTECTION & WARMTH: Give your pet the ultimate retreat helping them feel safe protected and warm in our covered cat cave. 360 degrees of coverage provides security and better rest for animals that like to burrow and hideaway.
- LUXURIOUS AND FUNCTIONAL: Luxury meets functionality in a plush soft vegan fur cover paired with a tough woven oxford base. The dirt and water-resistant bottom makes for a cleaner option for your pets and your home.
- COMFORTABLE SUPPORT FOR SMALL PETS: Our pet igloo is designed especially for your cat kitten or small dog. The foam construction is durable flexible lightweight. The padded insert provides a soft and comfortable space for relaxation.
- MACHINE WASHABLE: Not only do we have your pet covered – we've got you in mind too! The entire pet tent and removable insert are machine washable and safe for your dryer. Wash on gentle cool cycle and tumble dry low.
- SEAMLESS ADDITION TO YOUR SPACE: Our pet house features designer colors and a cute cat ears top that blend into any space while adding a pop of personality. Choose the Jumbo size for pets up to 25lbs. Choose the Standard size for pets up to 15lbs.
- CUDDLE COMFORT: This cat tent bed delivers a pleasant and snug place for kitties to relax indoors. the soft plush fabric is designed to stay warmer, providing exceptional coziness for your feline and helping them unwind into a deep sleep!
- PERFECT FOR YOUR KITTEN: the enclosed design enhances privacy and security, appealing to cats that instinctively love wedging into small spaces while they rest.
- STURDY CONSTRUCTION: Constructed of high density foam and 100% microfiber outer material, this tent bed gives pets a cozy place to snuggle up in - The soft cushion is placed inside of the bed and can be removed for easy maintenance- Well-made cat tents stay stable on floors and won’t collapse on itself.
- PRODUCT DETAILS: This covered kitty house is recommended for cats, kittens, and pets 8 lbs or less. dimensions: 13 inches (length) x 13 inches (width), 14inches (height). Notes: This Cat Cave is vacuum sealed, when you open the package, please put the foam aside for about 24-48 hours to let it come back to the full status.
- EASY TO CLEAN: Machine wash the inner cushion seperately in cold water only. Delicate Cycle. Do not bleach. reshape as needed. Do not machine wash or dry the foam bed. Air dry the cushion.
- [Provide the Perfect Safe Space]: Cats love private, small spaces - fill their needs with the MiMu Felted Wool Cat Home Cat Hideaway Pet Cave Bed; Natural felt material is cozy, soft, and durable to ensure comfort for your favorite furry friends
- [Compatible with IKEA Shelving Units]: 12.5 x 13-inch (31.8 x 33cm) cat house bed has a 15-inch (38.1cm) depth and an 8-inch (20.3cm) diameter entrance hole to fit kittens up to 12-pound cats; Designed to fit perfectly into your IKEA shelves
- [Collapsible Design That Pops Back Into Shape]: These enclosed cat beds can fold into a flat 2-inch thick sheet for easy storage or transportation, then pops back into a big cat cubby cube easily; Thick lining helps hold the box structure
- [Felted Wool Cat House]: Natural wool felt is lightweight and breathable while still providing adequate insulation; The unique texture entices your kitty but is also very resilient even against scratching and nibbling
- [Easy to Clean]: Interior 13.5 x 11 x 1.5-inch (34.3 x 28 x 3.8cm) pillow can be removed and unzipped for easy cleaning and fluff replacement; Wool felt naturally repels odors and dirt, but when needed, it is machine washable by cold water or can be vacuumed for quick hair removal
- DESIGNED FOR PETS: The pet bed comes with an attached blanket hood that can be used as is or converted into a tented burrowing cave with the included plastic tubing; either configuration provides a cozy and insulating nestling space for dogs and cats
- SLEEP SURFACE: The interior sleep surface is lined with cozy, insulating sherpa, while the exterior features easy-care suede; both materials are gentle on noses and paws for enhanced snuggling and burrowing comfort
- EASY ON JOINTS: The egg crate orthopedic foam base helps distribute body weight, cushion pressure points, and improve air circulation to help ease discomfort and encourage restful sleep
- PRODUCT DETAILS: Gray; 26" Base, 26" x 26" x 3"
- AVAILABLE VARIANTS: The bed comes in Espresso, Cream, Blue, Gray, and Pink; it's also available in 18" Base, 26" Base, 35" Base, and 44" Base
- Dimensions:18.5 x18.5 x15.8 Inches, Suitable for cats or small pets within 12 pounds.Soft Cozy Cat Bed Cave for Indoor Cats,Pet Tent Cave for Cats Small Dogs Kitten Bed with Removable Washable Warming Cushion with plenty room.
- Fun DIY choice, assemble it by yourself ! To avoid breakage when assembling, please fit the four bottom rods and brackets first, then secure the top rods and bracket. (If possible,you can WARM THEM UP before assemble it,you can try heat from hot car, or hot water in bath tub).You can set up at home such as living room,bedroom,porch or balcony anywhere you want to set,you also You can also take it outside with you while you driving
- The large soft cushion pillow is placed inside of the bed and it can be removed for easy maintenance or be used separately anywhere ,it is really soft and fluffy,well-made, non skid bottom with rubber bits will let the cat tent stay stable on floors and won’t collapse on itself.
- Extra-cozy cat pet tent cave provides your pet a quiet, private,warm place to curl up or sleep,it will become your pets' favorite place to nap or relax
- We design the plastic brackets to hold the tent bed together to make them stronger,when you get it,you just need to put them together refer to the video,then resembles the pet tent bed.
- 【Pet-Safe Materials】Make of attractive luxurious faux fur, macarons color donut shape. A round pet bed offers a safe, Ideal for a cat or small dog to snooze. Your little furry friends will feel surrounded by love and warmth, allowing them to experience truly restful sleep.
- 【Comfort and Safety】Non-skid bottom keep the cat bed in place for worry-free placement on tile and hardwood floors in the home filled with high-loft recycled polyester fiber. The self-warming fleece fabric and half cave design keep your kitty or doggy warmer in winter.
- 【HALF COVERED CAT BED】Cats like to be completely surrounded by all the fluff, This hooded cat bed cave design gives pets the sense of security. It's as fluffy as the picture, it can cover more than half of the bottom, and keep it open for a long time, instead of closed, so as to facilitate pets in and out.
- 【Easy Maintenance】Our pet bed is very easy to clean. No zippers to fuss with, just throw the whole bed in the machine and choose a gentle cycle. Do not bleach, To prevent matting, you'd better dry the bed in the DRYER on low heat after washing.
- 【Sevice Guarentee】 To protect the goods, it will be compressed during transportation, please pat, shake and let it fully and naturally expand for at least 24 hours before use.. If any question occurs about the quality, please don’t hesitate to turn to our customer service for help, we will give you a satisfactory solution( replacement or refund) in time.
- 🐈【Soft and Comfortable】Cat sleeping bag with linen fabric and thick polyester sprayed cotton filling, breathable and comfortable, soft and skin-friendly, completely free of harsh chemicals and synthetics, ideal for cats to play, nap, rest, relax, sleep, cuddle, burrow or snuggle inside this warming bed.
- 🐈【Suitable Size】The size of the cat cave is 19"Wx30"L. The pet bed is suitable for most cats and puppy under 8 pounds, such as the american Shorthair, the civet, the ragdoll, miniature schnauzers or chihuahuas.
- 🐈【Easy Care】Cat bed cave using linen fabric, non-stick hair, resistant to dirt, easy to wipe or water wash. Our cat cuddle cave is machine washable, quickly cleans up dirt and drool.
- 🐈【Durable】Strong fabric that’s built to last and hold it’s shape even after many washes without clumping or shifting. Bottom anti-slip wear-resistant, stable and not easy to move.
- 🐈【Service Guarantee】We assure you to provide friendly service to every customer of the cat nest. If there is any quality problem, please feel free to contact us, we will give you a satisfactory solution in time.
Cats have an intense need to sleep and to have their domain. Fulfill both these needs by giving them their very own covered cat beds for large cats.
These roomy and private beds can help your beloved cat sleep in comfort and stay energized. They will have better sleep and sweet dreams in any of these fantastic high-quality cat beds.