Aksaray Malaklisi is a ferocious guardian dog breed of Turkish origin. In this article, we will see Aksaray Malaklisi’s dog breed facts.
This breed has gained enough attention for its readiness and protectiveness towards a potential threat. Its steadiness, strength, courage, and strength are what most humans fall for.
Before going into further details, let us see some basic information about the Aksaray Malaklisi Dog breed.
Aksaray Malaklisi Dog Breed Facts
Here are some facts about Aksaray Malaklisi that you need to know.
|Canine Breed Group||Mastiff|
|Height||29 – 31 inches|
|Weight||110 – 264 pounds|
|Colour||Black, tan, grey, white, brown,|
|Life Expectancy||12 to 16 years|
|Temperament||Independent, obedient, and territorial|
|Usually Bred For||Herding|
|Other Names||Malakli Karabas, Turkish mastiff|
Aksaray Malaklisi Dog History
- This is a sheepdog from Turkey and was first developed in Aksaray.
- It is mainly used for herding cows.
- In the native region, this breed is known as the “Kangal Shepherd Dog”.
- Moreover, it was also used to guard human property and livestock.
Aksaray Malaklisi Dog Temperament
- Although this dog breed looks calm, it can turn out to be aggressive if it finds a threat around it.
- Aksaray Malaklisi dog has a sturdy character.
- It will not hesitate to assault if it sees any threat towards it or any of its loved ones.
- However, Aksaray Malaklisi is a good territorial breed.
Guarded sheep against wolves
- This breed was a tough guard dog for sheep against wolves.
- The fighting skills were very handy against wild animals in the woods
- Moreover, this breed usually used to move in pairs of 2 – a female and a male.
- Together they can defend a lot of sheep.
Intelligent, Strong, And Hardworking Breed
- As it is a big sized dog, you may think that it is a lazy dog.
- However, this is a very high-energy dog.
- This is why it needs a lot of exercises and mental stimulation.
- The Aksaray Malaklisi dog breed is very agile and strong.
- This breed has a thick undercoat which protects it from the weather.
- Moreover, Aksaray Malaklisi dog sheds twice a year.
- During the shedding season, the dog needs a radical brushing-out to remove the useless hair.
- As Aksaray Malaklisi has good energy, he needs an average amount of exercise to maintain that energy.
- Make sure if you take your canine outside, do not walk him off-leash.
- It is said that this breed is not that reliable off-leash.
- Also, make sure if you keep him off-leash in your yard, the yard must have tall walls, a locked gate, and a sturdy fence.
- As this breed is very protective, it needs to get obedience training and socialisation with other people and dogs.
- This breed was bred to work, guard livestock, and make decisions on its own.
- If the breed does not get proper training, it can become destructive and very aggressive.
This Breed Needs Space
- This breed cannot live in an apartment.
- In fact, a yard might not be enough space for this breed.
- Aksaray Malaklisi needs a farm and works to do to feel healthy and happy.
- Therefore, a suitable environment would be a huge area with sheep so that it can take care of them.
- OBEDIENT, LIVELY, COURAGEOUS, HARD-WORKING, UNBIASED
- As they guard livestock, they are very territorial and unbiased towards their things and humans.
- You may feel they are lazy, however, they are very agile and active.
- They are the ultimate defendants of the herd and are very cautious around threats and strangers.
- This breed is very tough.
- In general, they cannot suffer from common illnesses like hip dysplasia, bloating, or kidney stones.
- As an Aksaray Malaklisi owner, you must know the symptoms of bloating so that even if it happens, you can take action on time.
- They are very delicate towards anaesthesia. Therefore, you must be sure that your bet is very conscious of this before any procedure.
- You need to check its ear frequently for any signs of an infection.
- Regular brushing of teeth is necessary.
- Aksaray Malaklisi has unique sagging lips that make them perceived as they are very lazy or cry a lot.
- The saggy lips are so important to them that the word “Malakli” was added only after seeing those sagging lips.
- Aksaray Malaklisi is a good shepherd dog.
- Many farmers find them a great help for protecting their property and livestock from other potential threats.
- Also, they are very brave and have no fear of facing enemies.
- To protect their herd and territory, this breed forces wolves to retreat even without being caught by them.
Not For Families With Small Kids
- Since Aksaray Malaklisi is a very protective canine, it will also behave this way towards the kids.
- They will do anything to protect them and may hurt them unintentionally.
- Kids may get hurt severely.
- This breed does well with high-quality canine meals. It is not necessary to be a commercially manufactured food or home-made food with your vet’s recommendation and approval.
- You need to decide the diet according to your canine’s age as well.
How much is Aksaray Malaklisi?
The price of Aksaray Malaklisi puppies starts from $800. Talking about the adult Aksaray Malaklisi, it can range anywhere between $5200 and $26000. This high pricing is because of the fact that this breed is the best herd-protecting breed in America.
What are Kangal dogs known for?
Kangal dogs are known for their very strong protective nature. They will bond with their humans very strongly and will protect them anyhow. This canine has a good reputation for being protective towards children as well. Although, this breed also has an independent streak and need a good dog training
What can beat a Kangal?
Although it is one of the biggest guard dogs in the world, it is still half the size of a lion. Therefore, a lion can easily beat this breed. There are many differences between lions and Kangals.
What dog is called the wolf killer?
One of the most magnificent facts about the strong Caucasian Shepherd canine is that it is known for its braveness and instinct that allows him to combat wild beasts or even to kill wolves. Well, it is essential for us to look a bit at how nature is going and apprehend this “wolf killer” role as it truly is.
Which dog can fight a wolf?
Kangal dogs can fight wolves. However, this emotionally sensitive and dependable canine gets along nicely with children. But, they may be additionally the best breed of canine which could kill a wolf.
Have you heard of Turkey’s Kangal canine?
This breed is also known as Karabas, which means black head. This is a sand coloured, a muscular animal which is considered to be the national canine of the country.
Can Kangal beat a Rottweiler?
The Rottweilers have a PSI of 328 and Kangal’s PSI is 743. The best factor that provides a spice of threat to Rott is his wonderful determination chargeable for the jaw lock behaviour. Both the canine breeds are very hardworking and very courageous.
Do Kangal dogs bark a lot?
It is also known as the Anatolian Karabash canine, Turkish Shepherd canine, and Kangal canine. Although calm, easygoing, and usually pleasant with children, one of the things you may observe about this unique breed is that it barks a lot.
Hopefully, a number of the Aksaray Malaklisi Dog breed facts I have mentioned to you in this article have helped you gain an idea of this unique and beautiful breed.
I hope you enjoyed the article. I will be back soon with more interesting and informative pieces of writing. Till then stay connected. Thank you.
Welcome To The Oxford Family! The Website Is Run And Managed By A Community Of Enthusiasts Informative About Pets. We Hope You Find It Useful.