Buying cat food is a difficult thing. It is one of the most important duties you need to do being a pet parent. On top of that, there are several brands in the market that claim they are the best. Hence, it becomes more difficult for you to choose the right cat food for your pet.
One of the most common food brands today is Trader Joe’s. It is a famous grocery store that provides different products. Talking about cat food, the store has different cat food available.
Today we have come up with this write-up that will suggest to you that is trader joe’s cat food good for your pet? We tried our best to collect all the necessary information to help you out.
So, Trader Joe’s has most of the wet canned food that includes Turkey, Rice dinner, chicken, ocean fish, tuna, giblets, and salmon. They also have dry cat food which is the premium chicken meal formula.
What is Trade Joe’s cat food?
Trader Joe’s cat food originated through the partnership between Joe Coulombe (Founder), and Sabin Tilley (Co-founder).
In 1979, both developed cat food called “Coulee”. The first Trader Joe’s cat food was introduced in 1982.
In fact, the product was sold in a small box in St. Paul, and then it was later distributed across different cities in America.
Trader Joe’s Cat Food – Pros & Cons
- This cat food has excellent quality and is affordable. As a pet parent, you understand the need for a perfect budget. Hence, Trader Joe’s cat food is a good option.
- The lack of wheat, soy, and corn makes it perfect if your cat is allergic to these ingredients. This means that you can be carefree about your feline’s health.
- The cost of products is much lower than the other brands. Many pet parents find it affordable to buy Trader Joe’s cat food.
- The taste of Trader Joe’s cat food is very good. In fact, cats usually love its taste.
- The biggest disadvantage of Trade Joe’s cat food is that it contains a lot of calories. Pet parents who want their feline to stay healthy want to feed them something healthy.
- However, feeding this cat food can make it difficult for the cats to go for a walk after consuming it.
- Home food has its own unique identity in the whole world. Hence, many pet parents avoid feeding processed cat food to their felines.
- Another drawback to feeding your cat this type of meal is an extremely high-calorie diet.
- Many cat proprietors who need their pets to stay fit and healthy feed their cats something that they are able to consume at the go-to go on walks with them or visit the park.
Trader Joe’s cat Canned food Review – Comparison Table
|Trader Joe’s Ocean Fish, Rice Dinner, & Salmon Cat food||Ocean fish, Animal Liver, chicken, Ocean fish Broth||9%||5%||1%|
|Trader Joe’s Tuna||Water, Tuna, Choline Chloride, Vitamin A supplement, Tricalcium Phosphate||18%||3%||1%|
|Trader Joe’s Turkey and Giblets Dinner||Turkey, Broth, Ocean Fish, Giblets, Chicken||9%||5%||1%|
|Trader Joe’s Wholesome & Natural Cat Food||Ground brown rice, Chicken meal, Menhaden Fish Meal, Ground Oats||32%||20%||3.7%|
Is Trader Joe’s cat food ideal for cats with sensitivities?
One of the most common questions that cat proprietors ask is whether or not this food is right for their pets with sensitivities.
This form of meal is regularly excessive in fats and carbohydrates, which can cause cats with certain forms of sensitivities to become ill.
However, not all cats have a sensitivity to those ingredients, or even if they do, it does not always suggest that they’ll get unwell as a result.
If you’re worried about the safety of this type of meal for your cat, you need to communicate with your vet first.
Is Trader Joe’s Cat Food Good Quality?
Because of its excessive-quality, Trader Joe’s cat meals are frequently well-preferred by cat owners. It includes no synthetic flavors or colorations and no toxic preservatives, making it a perfect meal for cats.
On the other hand, there are a few customer complaints about the calorific content of this form of meals. While this is probably true, it does not always suggest that the product is risky to feed your cat.
- Can You Make Gravy for Cats? 2022 (Vet Approved Recipe)
- How to Soften Cat Food? [7 DIY Ways]
- 27 Foods Cats Can Eat and Can’t Eat (2022 Guide)
In conclusion, I would say that Trader Joe’s is good for your pet if given some time. Also, it does not carry many products for our pets compared to Aldi. Aldi sells different types of cat and dog food, cat treats, canned cat food, etc.
Trader Joe’s sells 2 types of canned cat food. First, there are 5.5-oz cans of cat food that come in 2 flavors: Giblets & Turkey or Ocean fish, Rice & Salmon.
The second one is smaller, 3-oz. Grain-free cat food that has 2 flavors: Turkey recipe or salmon recipe.
These are at higher prices than Aldi. However, Trader Joe’s grain-free food costs less than other brands like Purina Beyond or Blue Buffalo.
Both canned meals and dry meals can be nutritionally complete in case you feed a high-quality brand. The advantage of canned meals is generally in their moisture content, which can also additionally assist cats with kidney or decrease urinary tract issues.
The moisture content can also assist your cat to experience more fullness, and it’s tougher for cats to overeat canned meals that are available in smaller quantities versus dry meals that would sit out in a huge bowl all day.
If your cat has dental issues, though, dry meals can also additionally do a higher task of preserving his or her teeth clean.
What is the healthiest cat food for cats?
- Blue wilderness indoor chicken dry cat food
- Purina ONE Urinary Tract Health Formula Dry Food.
- Purina Cat Chow Naturals Indoor Dry Cat Food.
- Hill’s Science Diet Indoor Dry Cat Food.
- Blue Freedom Grain-Free Adult Dry Food.
- Rachael Ray Nutrish Natural Dry Cat Food.
What brand of cat food is best for cats?
- Smalls Human-Grade Fresh Cat Food – Bestest
- Sheba Perfect Portions Wet Cat Food – Best for Adult Cats.
- Purina ONE Cat Chow Complete Dry Cat Food – Best Value.
- Rachael Ray Nutrish Indoor Complete Dry Cat Food.
- Blue Buffalo Wilderness Grain-Free Dry Cat Food.
- American Journey Grain-Free Dry Cat Food.