Do you know “How do you use a guillotine nail clipper?”. If not, you are at the right place. In this blog, we will see what is guillotine nail clippers, how to use them, and many more related things.
Guillotine nail clippers vs. others
There are many nail clippers in the market. But the main fight is between guillotine nail clippers and scissor-style clippers.
Guillotine nail clippers are best for small dogs that have thin nails. This nail clipper has a single blade that slices off the nails. Guillotine clippers are best for those who have arthritis or hand pain.
Scissor clippers are also known as Miller’s Forger clippers. It consists of two blades that cut the nail together. Its squeezy handle lets you apply more force.
- Sharp stainless steel cutting blades
- Heavy duty, made in Italy
- The choice of veterinarians and groomers
How do you use a guillotine nail clipper?
Many dogs don’t like to get their nails done. Of course, they run away from their parents when they sense that you are going to trim their nails.
This is natural. You should not shout that the dog and hold it down. Just try to train your pooch for this.
Follow the steps given below to trim your pet’s nail with a guillotine nail clipper.
5 Steps for Using a guillotine nail clipper
Step 1: Sit down and keep the clipper in front of your pooch. Let him be familiar with the object.
Step 2: Give small treats, good petting, and encouraging words.
Step 3: Gently hold the paw and check the reaction of the dog. If your dog goes away, then pull it back gently.
Step 4: Look for the pink or red in the nail. You should not cut that.
Step 5: Make little cuts every time. The nails are softer at the deep
Step 6: file the nails smooth so that nails do not snag anything.
How to cut dog nails without clippers?
Use the Dremel tool for trimming the nails
This tool has an abrasive head, that wears the surface of your pooch’s nails. The Dremel tool is easily available in any online store or physical store. The best justification for your Dremel tool is that it cut down the nail at a safe speed.
Using a nail filer
You can find nail files in pet stores, online stores, or veterinary offices. Else, you can use any file that you have. Buffing your pooch’s nails slowly remove the nails in bits. But this trick is not as effective as trimming.
Use nail trimmer
Make sure you make your fido comfortable with nail trimmers. Dogs usually don’t like it if anyone touches their paws. Hence, it is important for you to make them comfortable.
When you are handling your fido’s paws, just see if they are in good condition. When the dog gets comfortable with the trimmer, you can easily trim its nails.
What angle to cut dog nails?
There are many articles that tell you how to cut your dog’s nails. But there are very few that tell you at what angle you should cut it. Many vets recommend cutting the nails at a 45-degree angle.
Here, you just have to make sure that you are cutting below the “quick”. Quick is the bundle of nerves present in the dog’s claws.
In dogs with light-colored nails, you can easily see the quick. However, you still have to take care before cutting the nail. You must use small snips than the larger ones. If you are a new pet parent, then you must take the advice of the vet first.
Make sure you stay 2mm away from the quick and cut at an angle of 45 degrees.
You can also use an electric trimmer to avoid cutting the quick. The electric trimmer is easier to handle. Plus, you can cut your fido’s nails in a fraction of the time. If your dog is comfortable with the trimmer’s sound, then you must use the electric trimmer.
How often should I cut my dog’s nails?
Nail trimming frequency depends on different factors. Many dogs have faster nail growth. And some of the dogs have slow nail growth.
However, on average, you must trim your pooch’s nails every month. Walking helps to glide the nails on the surface. As a result, the nails get filed by themselves.
Guillotine nail clipper – Pros and cons
There are negative and positive sides to everything. Here, are the pros and cons of guillotine nail clippers.
- Easy to use
- Replaceable blade
- Hard to use
- If the blade is not sharp, the clipper can tear the nail
- Not good for dewclaws
How to sharpen guillotine dog nail clippers
Most humans do not take excellent care of their nail clippers, however, sharp clippers can be easier to cut with and cause much less harm to your pooch’s nails.
You will generally need to take your guillotine nail clippers aside to get admission to the blade. You will additionally need to use a specialized sprucing rod. This is a thin, rounded, and long sprucing device that suits withinside the curve of the nail clippers. The coating of the rod consists of diamonds or similar substances to sharpen the blade.
Looking carefully at the blade, you will observe the metal is filed from an angle. This forms a cutting factor alongside the length of the blade. To sharpen, without a doubt rub your sprucing device backward and forward along the brink of the blade. If your rod is just too horizontal, you’ll blunt the blade.
TOP Selling Guillotine Nail Clipperss for Dogs
- Keep Your Pet Happy: Nail trimmer's regular use keeps your pet happy and healthy
- Features: Stainless steel double-bladed guillotine-style cutter ensures durable, sharp cutting edge
- High-Quality: Durable dog paw trimmer easily trims nails to keep your dog healthy and happy
- Comfortable: Vinyl grip designed to fit comfortably in either hand for a firm, steady grip
- All Sizes: Also available in small size for small/medium dogs, cats, birds and other animals
- 【 CLAW CLIPPER FOR ALL KIND OF ANIMALS 】 ---100% Brand new toenail cutter and high quality. Works best with cats, birds, lizard, ferrets, bunnies, and other small medium animals!
- 【 SAFE & PRECISE CUTTING 】 --- Our toenail trimmer is made of durable stainless steel head.Safety stop blade greatly reduces the risk of cutting nails too deep
- 【 TRIMMER AFTER BATH 】 --- Perfect for a smooth finish after cutting.For best results, we recommend that cut dog's nails after bathing
- 【 CLEAN CUT 】--- Sharp stainless steel cutting blades.Precise Cutting,contours to your tiny pet's nails and makes trimming the nail easily
- 【 CAT NAIL TRIMMER 】 --- Safe and comfortable-Ergonomic design, help to reduce injury. Recommended by Pet Owner,Vets, Animal Trainers, and Groomers worldwide
- The safe and effective way to trim your pet's nails
- Guillotine-style blades offer optimal leverage to easily cut the thickest nails
- Textured rubber grips offer unmatched comfort and control
- Manufactured from durable, rust resistant stainless steel
- Guillotine, sprung cutting action for precise clipping and ease of use
- Strong claw clipper suitable for small, medium and large dogs and other animals
- Lightweight, ergonomic design fits comfortably into the hand
- Nail clippers with textured rubber handles for large dogs
- Guillotine-style blades offer optimal leverage to easily cut the thickest nails
- Textured rubber grips on handles provide better control and comfort
- Powder-coated finish is color-coded for instant blade size identification
- Measures 5-inch length and comes in teal
- Pet nail trimmer includes free replacement blade and styptic powder.
- High carbon steel blade is heat treated for extra sharpness and long life.
- Fast change blade replaces in seconds.
- Gently and quickly trims pet's nails.
- Pack may vary
- The CHI for Dogs Guillotine Nail Clipper makes trimming your dog's nails super easy.
- This high end dog grooming tool includes a safety guard to prevent cutting your dog's blood vessels.
- Included in this nail clipper for dogs are ergonomic soft grip handles to make it even more comfortable for owners to use.
- This nail clipper is made from stainless steel for durability and reliability.
- Use this nail clipper for dogs of all breeds.
- 【Features Sharp, Angled Stainless Steel Blades】- The pet nail clipper has enough blade bevel different than others, it is powerful to clip your dogs or cats nails just in one cut, to achieve stress-free, quick and sharp cut.
- 【Guillotine-style Blades】- It offers optimal leverage to easily cut the thickest nails. For small dog, the scissors type is probably easiest to handle. And for other dogs, this is most suitable for cutting nails.
- 【Simple to Use and Comfortable Handle】- The dogs and pets nail trimmer is an ergonomically designed with easy to use, non-slip rubber handle for comfortable grip and make sure a safe, quick, and painless nail clipping experience.
- 【Take the Stress Out of Trimming Your Dog's Nails】- Claw Claws Pet Nail Clipper has a sharp blade and a steady grip, which enable to cut your pet's nails quickly and easily without frightening them.
- 【Why Choose Claw Claws Pet Nail Clipper】- Our pet grooming tool is manufactured by Taiwan with high quality which sturdy and worth the money. ALSO, suitable for animal trainers, veterinarians and professional pet groomers to use on Small and Medium Dogs.
- Stainless Steel
- Guillotine Style
- Available In Small Medium and Large
- The Package Weight Of The Product Is 0.75 Pounds
- QUICK AND ACCURATE — Trim your dog's nails with speed and accuracy using the CHI For Dogs Guillotine Nail Clipper
- ERGONOMIC SOFT GRIP HANDLES — Ergonomic soft grip handle helps reduce hand fatigue and ensures comfort when grooming your dog
- SHARP STAINLESS STEEL BLADE — The sharp stainless steel blade is ideal for trimming your dog's nails
- DIRECTIONS — Hold paw gently, but securely. Be cautious of blood vessel that runs down center of nail, try to locate and avoid cutting it. In a 45 degree angle, trim nail using single/steady pressure
- SUITABLE FOR ALL BREEDS — CHI For Dogs Nail Clipper can be used on all breeds, making it an easy way to groom your pet
Guillotine clipper is an all-rounder nail trimmer. It is easy to handle and can cut the nails easily. Also, you can replace the blade economically and quickly.
One point to be noted here is that you must always use a sharp blade to cut the nails. A guillotine nail clipper is one of the most comfortable clippers on the market. If you are not confident in using it, it is better to visit the vet.