What is a champion bloodline dog? Champion bloodline dog refers to the trait of being a champion by blood. However, this does not mean that the puppies from both mother and father are top dogs. In fact, a champion bloodline dog has at least 1 of the grandparents or parents who have earned the AKC championship title.
Therefore, if a breeder tells you that the pup is from the champion bloodline, he/she may mean that its grandfather from the mom’s side has been named a champion.
For instance, one of the canine’s ancestors may have won the title of Conformation Champion. CH is often seen as a beauty pageant, however, they measure how minutely a canine conforms to the official canine breed standards.
Types of Champion Titles
There are various champion titles that canines can win via kennel club shows. Here is a list of some AKC champion titles that you can match while getting a champion bloodline dog.
- CH (Conformation Champion)
- DC (Dual Champion)
- FC (Field Champion)
- MACH (Master Agility Champion)
- HC (Herding Champion)
- TC (Triple Champion)
- OTCH (Obedience Trial Champion
How much is a champion bloodline dog?
You can expect to pay more for this spectacular champion bloodline dog than a common dog. Moreover, a study from Science Direct shows that the champion bloodline dogs cost way more than the dogs without a champion bloodline. However, no one can tell the exact amount as it varies from one breed to the other.
If you look for pups on AKC, you can sort out the results and get pups with champion bloodlines. It will be easy for you to find pups that at least have 1 champion dog in the parentage.
Just to give you a short idea about the cost, a Champion Cavalier King Charles Spaniel pup is priced around $2,500 to $5,000. On the other hand, the same pup without a champion bloodline is priced at $1,500 – $2,000.
Talking about the Doberman Pinschers, the champion bloodline pups are priced around $2,500 to $3,500 and with no champion bloodline, they are commonly priced at $1,000 to $1,500.
Therefore, if you want to understand the costs of different champion bloodlines, it is better to take help from the breeder. The cost varies depending on the breed, age, and breeder.
How do you know if your dog is from a champion’s bloodline?
Here is a checklist for knowing if your dog is from a champion bloodline –
- Get the canine’s pedigree – it contains all the essential information about your canine’s ancestry.
- Register the pedigree with AKC or any kennel club
- The kennel club acts as a neutral party and provides the hard copy of your canine’s pedigree.
- You can also get one copy of your canine’s pedigree online. It will contain your canine’s 4 generation ancestry.
- It is tricky to understand the pedigree as the name listed in there might be different from what dog names you know.
- Read the document thoroughly and find out more about your canine.
Does a champion’s bloodline matter?
If you want a dog just as a pet, then you do not think about its champion bloodline. However, many breeders associate the champion bloodline with good health and quality of the canine. While it is one of the factors rather than the whole picture.
There are many qualities that play important roles in a dog’s health and quality. And let me tell you, the champion bloodline is not 1 of them.
Therefore, if you get to know your canine does not have a champion bloodline, then it will not cause any concern and you do not need to feel bad about it. It will be fine if your canine is healthy, caring, and well-behaved.
Although a champion bloodline is not a guarantee to your canine’s health, it definitely helps you give that ego boost when you find your dog has champion ancestry.
As long as your pet is well-behaved and shown enough love and care, he’s going to turn out fine.
A Dog’s Bloodline: 5 Facts you NEED to Know!
- A canine’s bloodline is detailed information about its lineage.
- Moreover, it tells about the direct family of the dog.
- Just like humans, the ancestors of dogs have also contributed to how dogs are made up.
- Therefore, the breeders and the dog owners can learn any things about the dog by their bloodline.
- Along with the bloodline, the breed is also equally important.
- When the breeders search for a good partner for their canine to breed with, bloodline is most important
- This is because the bloodline can tell you a lot about the health, history, and temperament of the canine.
- Health is important for the mating process between canines.
- And the bloodline can tell a lot about a dog’s health issues.
- It can reveal behaviour potentials, genetic defects, medical history, or health concerns that can pass to the offspring.
- This way you can mitigate any serious medical issue from passing to the offspring.
- It is interesting fact to know that your pup’s bloodline can determine his/her personality.
- This is due to the fact that the personality of dogs is influenced by their family genetics.
- If you want a lovable pup, then the mother and father of the pup must have the same nature.
There are various things that determine how your canine will turn out to be. Having a canine with a champion bloodline is something you can just brag about. However, there is no such difference.
However, if you are still interested in buying a champion bloodline dog, then you can tell your breeder specifically about it. Moreover, keep in mind that you will need to pay some extra amount to get one.
I hope you enjoyed the article. I will be back soon with more interesting and informative pieces of writing. Till then, stay connected. Thank you
Frequently asked questions
Does bloodline matter in dogs?
To some extent, yes. A bloodline is the representation of your canine’s ancestral contribution that is passed through breeding. A canine’s personality is influenced by the family genetics. Therefore, a pedigree goes back multiple generations and can tell you exact information about behaviour, temperament, characteristics, etc.
How does a dog become a champion?
The AKC needs a canine to have a total of 15 points with 2 big wins to become a champion.
Is champion Bloodline important?
Yes, a champion bloodline is also important. A champion title means that the dog has been seen by any professional in how the dog should be moved and built. It is not a beauty pageant, rather it is an evaluation for the dog to meet the breed standards.
Why is it called a bloodline?
Bloodline means a line of kinship descent. Blood is the explanation for inherited traits that are passed through the bloodlines. This heredity is derived from the Greek concept that is often known as pangenesis.
What are 5 characteristics of a champion?
5 Characteristics of Champions include-
- Courage & Compassion
- Integrity & Respect
- Belief in Oneself
What is the most prestigious dog breed?
The Most Prestigious Dog Breeds are-
- Tibetan Mastiff
- French Bulldog
- Cavalier King Charles Spaniel.
- Black Russian Terrier
- Biewer Terrier
- Bernese Mountain Dog