When you have a dear four-legged loved one at home, you surely want to give them the best care and love that you can.
Like a parent, this includes ensuring your dog’s health and happy life which starts with good nutrition.
Your dog is a result of what you feed them. And, if you notice that there might be days when your dogs are feeling sloppy and weak, then you need to provide them with that added boost in energy.
In case you were wondering, there are many healthy dog food that you can feed your furry friend, which is rich in nutrients for a health and energy boost.
These are also known as ‘super foods’ where they give the maximum boost in nutrients, but for the least amount of calories.
With that said, here are some ideas for healthy, energy-boosting foods that you can give your dog:
1. Raw Meat
Yes, dogs love raw meat. More than them loving it, raw meat is often the best source of your dog’s daily need for protein.
In fact, protein should account for over a fifth of their daily diet, so you know that your dog is getting all the nutrients that they need.
- Only the good stuff! Dogs naturally crave meat, much like they ate in the wild. That's why every batch of Stella’s Super Beef Dinner Patties starts with 95% beef (always grass-fed!), organs and bone plus 100% organic certified fruits and vegetables to guarantee your pet is eating as nature intended. All ingredients are responsibly sourced.
- Made in the USA - Stella’s Super Beef Dinner Patties’ all-natural recipe is crafted with care in small batches in Stella & Chewy’s own USA kitchen to provide the highest levels of protein-rich meat and quality grain-free nutrition for your pet
- Minimally processed and all natural. Because the closer foods stay to their natural state, the better they are. That's why each of Stella & Chewy's recipes contains added taurine and no added hormones, antibiotics, grains or fillers. Best of all, it's 100% complete and balanced for all life stages
- Raw nutrition and convenience - your pet deserves to thrive on real, raw meat. Now, Stella & Chewy's makes it easier than ever to give your pet real raw nutrition with the convenience of freeze-dried
- Supports better health for your pet with improved appetite and digestion, relief from allergies, vibrant skin and coat, healthy teeth and gums, greater stamina and vitality and a healthy immune system
Raw meat is great, particularly lamb meat, because the bones are safe for the dogs as well. Be very careful with cooked bones, as these are softer, and may become a choking hazard.
Kale is good for human beings and good for your dog as well. It’s supercharged, leafy vegetables that contain a whole lot of nutrients and vitamins, including the very important Vitamin A, C, and E.
These vitamins are important to keep your dog healthy and happy.
Just be sure that you’re careful about giving kale especially if your dog has certain bladder stones or kidney disease.
- Dogs Love Kale - Nutritious dog treats made with kale as main ingredient - a super antioxidant that contains essential vitamins including: Beta Carotene, Calcium, Vitamin K, Vitamin C, and Lutein
- Delicious, all natural wheat free, gluten free, corn free and soy free snack that your dog will love. It's is low calorie and vegetarian, too!
- Healthy ingredients include kale, flax, rice flour, whole oats and natural peanut butter. Aids in making your dog’s coat softer and shinier with healthier skin underneath.
- Dogs Love Kale is winner of the American Choice 2016 Awards' National Best Brand Award and the National Child World Magazine 2015 Eco-Excellence Award
- Made in the USA with limited, domestically sourced, easy-to-read ingredients and NO animal by products, NO added sugars and NO chemicals. Includes 1 x 6-oz. bag. (Packaging may vary from image.)
Third on this list is water. It’s hard not to include water because as basic as it may be, there might still be many dog owners who forget the importance of keeping your dog’s water bowl with a clean supply of water all the time.
Your dog needs water to stay hydrated. Otherwise, they’re going to feel sluggish and tired during the day.
Your dog will also need it as an aid to transport oxygen and nutrients across their body, so you can imagine if you’re feeding them well, but with little water, your dog still won’t receive the nutrients from the food, without water to transport it across the body.
Apart from keeping their body hydrated, water also has many benefits for your dog’s health, such as:
- It flushes away bacteria that may lead to urinary tract infections;
- Water regulates body temperature;
- It lubricates muscle tissues.
If your family loves to eat rice as a staple in your household, then you’d be happy to know that your rice scraps are good for your dog, too.
Carbohydrates are needed in the body to have good digestion and energy. It’s the main source of the body’s glucose, which is also very important to keep the energy level of your dog up.
If your dog is suffering from diarrhea, rice is also a very good meal to help stabilize its stool.
If you’ve been wondering what a good snack or treat to give your dogs, you can’t go wrong with carrots. They’re sweet and crunchy, so you’ll know that your dog will absolutely love them.
Plus, they’re also loaded with a lot of vitamins that are needed for energy production.
Some of the nutrients that carrots are rich in are:
- PERFECT POOPS EVERYTIME - Whether your dog struggles with soft, loose stool or uncomfortable constipation, Davie's Dehydrated Carrots works to help your dog have perfect poops everytime. Firm up those soft poops or soften hard stools without provoking diarreha.
- HAPPY, HEALTHY, DIGESTIVE SUPPORT - Davie's Dehydrated Carrots do more than just give your dog a great poop. Our carrots can help reduce your dogs smelly gas and poops, improve chronic diaherra, and reduce vomiting and upset stomachs.
- NO MORE SCOOTING - Our carrots are a natural way to improve negative behaviors in dogs. Regularly feeding your pup Davie's Dehydrated Carrots can help improve your dogs natural ability to epress their anal glands which means less carpet scooting!
- MADE FOR THE PICKIEST PUPS - Davie's Dehydrated Carrots are a perfect for every dog! Just soak the carrots in water and add to your dog's food at meal time. Even the pickiest pups won't sort these carrots out of their food.
- CARROTS, THAT'S IT - Carrots are an excellent source of fiber and beta-carotene, which produces vitamin A. That's why our we only use fresh, natural carrots, grown right here in the USA, as our only ingredient. We feed ourselves the healthiest food, our dogs should enjoy the same!
- Most of the B Vitamins
- Vitamin C
Like protein sources, a good amount of healthy fat is also needed as a staple in your dog’s diet.
In fact, these are the main sources of dietary energy, or the good calories needed to keep your dog up and healthy.
Among other things, your dog also needs fats for a healthy brain, skin, and a lovely coat.
Healthy sources of fats for your dogs can be found in any of the following:
- RICH SOURCE OF EPA and DHA: Welactin provides a rich source of beneficial long-chain omega-3 fatty acids EPA and DHA from wild-caught, cold-water fish
- MINIMIZE FISHY BREATH: Made with peppermint oil to help minimize doggy breath
- DERIVED FROM SMALL COLD-WATER FISH: The fish oil found in Welactin is derived from small cold-water fish, which typically have less accumulation of toxins than larger cold-water fish
- QUALITY TESTED: Welactin is quality tested for contaminants and heavy metals
- Herring oil
- Chicken fat
- Sunflower oil
- For Further Reading
- Can Dogs Eat Mussels, Clams, & Oysters?
- Can Dogs Eat Guacamole? [Health Risks+3 Tips]
- Safe and Dangerous Spices for Dogs (7 Safe+6 unsafe)
With this list of potential food that you can feed your dog, you won’t have to feel so confused as to what you should and shouldn’t feed your canine loved one.
If all else fails, however, don’t forget to consult the expert advice of a veterinarian.
Don’t experiment on your dog to see what works and what doesn’t, particularly if they’re feeling sick, or you’re absolutely unsure of what you’re doing.
Whether you give your dogs store-bought dog food, make their food yourself, or give them your scrap, this list above can give you a good guide for a healthy and nutrient-filled, energy-boosting meal.
Some Top Selling Dog Foods to keep your Canine Happy and healthy
- Contains twelve (12) 13.2 oz. cans of Pedigree Chopped Ground Dinner Chicken & Rice Dinner Canned Wet Dog Food
- Made with real ingredients, including real chicken, for an irresistible taste dogs will love
- PEDIGREE Chopped Ground Dinner adult wet dog food is 100% Complete & Balanced
- Mix Pedigree Wet Dog Food cans into their kibble for added flavor
- Pedigree Chopped Ground Dinner canned dog food is made in the USA with the world's finest ingredients
- (1) 35 lb. Bag - Purina Pro Plan High Protein Dog Food With Probiotics for Dogs, Shredded Blend Chicken and Rice Formula
- Hard kibble combined with tender, shredded pieces for taste and texture dogs love
- High protein formula, with real chicken as the first ingredient
- Fortified with guaranteed live probiotics for digestive and immune health
- Used to be known as SAVOR Shredded Blend Chicken and Rice Formula