Many times we think it’s a Rottweiler but in reality, it is not. There are a bunch of dogs that look like Rottweilers. To clear up your confusion, I have prepared a list of dogs that look like Rottweilers.
16 Dogs That Are Similar to Rottweilers
Miniature Pinscher: Look Like Rottweilers
- This canine is small, slender, and sturdy. Moreover, it also has coat colour and markings similar to a Rottweiler.
- It is called the “King of toys” and true to its name, it has a sassy personality of being a compact pooch.
- The only distinction here is that the min pin has a narrow snout.
- It can promote an active lifestyle for you.
- It loves to play with other dogs and kids.
Beaucerons Look Like Rottweilers
- This is a french breed of mastiff dog
- Beauceron comes in black and tan colours like rottweilers
- Moreover, it is known for its locality, affection, friendliness, and intelligence.
- Beaucerons make good guard dogs as well because of their strength and power.
Doberman Pinscher: Look Like Rottweilers
- The dog that is mostly mistaken as Rottweiler is Doberman Pinscher
- The reasons include its coat colour and size.
- The only difference between both dogs is their body mass. Doberman is leaner hat Rottweiler
- Moreover, their ears and upright and have longer muzzles
Manchester Terrier: Look Like Rottweilers
- Manchester Terrier has similar markings as a Rottweiler.
- However, it closely looks more like a Miniature Pinscher.
- It is a spirited partner with a persistent and dominant personality.
- Its ears are upright if you crop them
Hovawart: Look Like Rottweilers
- Hovawart has a colour like a Rottweiler and Grace like a Golden Retriever.
- Therefore, if you want a Rottweiler-coloured canine with a soft temperament, then you must go for Hovawart.
- It is a watchdog with a sweet nature.
- Moreover, it is also used as a therapy dog because of its kindness and gentleness.
Great Swiss Mountain Dog: Look Like Rottweilers
- It is known for its black, white, and red coat.
- The AKC term is a very hardworking dog as it is a great herder and a pasture dog as well.
- Great Swiss Mountain Dog is agile, strong, and has enough potential to do various farming tasks
- People find it related to the Rottweiler due to its size and coat colour.
Boerboel: Look Like Rottweilers
- This is a huge, mastiff-like canine residing in South Africa.
- It has a different coat colour than Rottweiler and still has a fierce look like them in terms of expressions and face.
- This canine is known for its loyalty, devotion towards the owner, and intelligence.
- Also, it is very powerful and strong.
- This makes Boerboel a good police dog.
Tibetan Mastiff: Look Like Rottweilers
- Tibetan Mastiff is one of the biggest dogs on the list and is different from Rottweiler in every term except for the guarding instinct.
- However, some Tibetan Mastiffs have the same coloured coat as Rottweilers
- You can imagine a Rottweiler covered with a lot of furs and on steroids (hahaha)
Cane Corso: Look Like Rottweilers
- Cane Corso is vibrant, athletic, and bold in nature.
- Moreover, it has the same intensity as Rottweilers
- It resembles the Rottweiler in terms of mannerisms and structure.
Bullmastiff: Rottweilers Look alike
- This is a bulky dog just like a Rottweiler.
- Moreover, it is a fearless canine who protects its family when in danger.
- However, if he is alone, he can become a sleeping panda and take a nap the whole day.
German Shepherd: Rottweilers Look alike
- If you want a protective canine other than a Rottweiler, then a German Shepherd is a good option for you.
- German Shepherds are more intelligent, reliable, and trainable. Therefore, they are perfect for working with policemen.
- It does not have the same coat markings as Rottweiler but it does have tan and black colours.
- The only difference between both dogs is their personality.
- German Shepherds love to be with a single person. However, Rottweilers usually cuddle with everyone.
Boxer: Rottweilers Look alike
- This is a medium-sized canine that weighs around 80 to 120 pounds.
- It has many traits similar to Rottweilers including the coat colour.
- Moreover, it is mostly known for its loyalty and protective nature towards its family if necessary.
- Additionally, it is a very affectionate and good pet.
Pit Bull Terrier: Rottweilers Look alike
- This is one of the most popular canines in the United States despite its formidable reputation.
- Pit Bull Terriers are very easy to train and they love to please others.
- Moreover, one of the best qualities is the adaptability of everything.
- The Pit Bull Terrier looks like a Rottweiler in terms of its head structure, ear position, and the ratio of the muzzle-to-back skull.
American bully: Rottweilers Look alike
- This canine comes in different sizes and has similar markings to a Rottweiler.
- American bully is full of character, loyal, and loving breed
- If you’re looking for a shorter version of a Rottweiler, indeed this can be a good option to look at.
Belgian Malinois: Rottweilers Look alike
- This is a hard-working dog from Belgium
- Its coat comes in various colours like yellow, brown, black, and red. Therefore, it resembles more with Rottweiler more in terms of coat colour.
- Moreover, Belgian Malinois are known for their loyalty and trustworthy nature.
- Also, it is highly trainable, athletic, and a great hunting dog.
Mixed Breeds: Rottweilers Look alike
- You can find many ix breeds that look like rottweilers
- This list includes – Bernese Mountain dog & GSD, German Shepherd & Cane Corso, and Tan and Black Coonhound & Pit Bull.
- All the above canines look similar to the Rottweilers because of their genetics.
- Rottweilers are mostly mixed with Dobermans, Labrador Retrievers, Beaucerons, and German Shepherds
There are many canine breeds that look like Rottweilers in terms of big bodies, square stature, and coat colouring. Moreover, some breeds also share their loyalty, protectiveness, and affection. If you like Rotties and want a similar breed, then you can definitely take help from this article.
I hope you enjoyed the article. I will be back soon with more interesting and informative pieces of writing. Till then, stay connected. Thank you.
Frequently asked questions
What 2 dog breeds make a Rottweiler?
Rottweilers are the outcome of the Molossus, a mastiff-kind canine and possibly from the Italian Mastiff. Their ancestors observed the Romans over the Alps by herding their livestock and protecting them from danger.
Is there a small version of a Rottweiler?
The miniature Rottweiler is a smaller model of the Rottweiler. It can be a Rottweiler with dwarfism, a certain small Rottweiler, or an offspring of a Rottweiler with a small breed.
What is the best dog to mix with a Rottweiler?
- Pitbull x Rottweiler Mix
- Rottweiler x Labrador Retriever Mix
- Rottweiler x Siberian Husky Mix
- German Shepherd x Rottweiler Mix
- Rottweiler x Mastiff Mix
- Golden Retriever x Rottweiler Mix
Why do Rottweilers’ tails get cut off?
Historically, Rottweilers’ tails have been docked for sensible motives like stopping tail injuries because the breed is a working kind which sees an excellent deal of rigorous bodily activities. Fighting breeds also used tail docking to lessen vulnerable factors in a canine.
What are the three types of Rottweiler?
The three Types of Rottweiler Origins:
- German Rottweiler.
- Roman Rottweiler.
- American Rottweiler.
What is a Rottiebear?
Also known as Miniature Rottweilers, this canine is generally a pug with any quantity of a dozen additional breeds; hardly ever is a real Rottweiler anywhere in the pedigrees of those canines. Once a desirable instance is born, it is bred again to some other in an attempt to maintain any type of consistency.
What is a Roman Rottweiler?
The Roman Rottweiler is a re-introduction of the unique Rottweiler, a mastiff-like Rottweiler who guards livestock in addition to combating in wars with the Romans. It is a bigger canine than the usual Rottweiler, which is shorter.
Can 2 male Rottweilers live together?
Having Rottweilers straight away may have benefits just like the dogs pleasing and getting to know one another, sharing their possessions, and forming a completely unique bond. However, there are extreme potential downsides like littermate syndrome, problems with training and socialisation, and problem bonding with you.
Are Rottweilers jealous dogs?
Rottweilers require unique interaction, plenty of caressing, and games to stay lively and entertained as they are working dogs. They are included in the top ten most jealous canine breeds.